Yves Gentil, President, DQMPR
A graduate of the University of Colorado Boulder's prestigious Masters program in Journalism, Yves Gentil has more than 20 years experience in the travel, destination marketing, hotel and public relations fields, having worked for tour operators, destination management companies, hotels, and a conference center. His international upbringing and multi-lingual skills (fluency in English, French, and German and proficiency in German and Mandarin) have positioned him for success in the travel and hospitality industry. He spent five years working for Marriott at Marriott's flagship Marriott Marquis in the heart of Times Square, New York, where he was responsible for international sales and marketing, before becoming the Director of the Quebec Tourism Board's New York Office from 2001 to 2003.
Yves founded DQ Marketing & Public Relations (DQMPR) in 2003 and has grown the company tremendously in recent years. DQMPR is a boutique agency which covers all segments of the travel industry; leisure, corporate, incentive and media. Past and present DQMPR clients include the Bhutan Tourism Council, CPI Hotels, Extraordinary Journeys, Finnair, Geringer Global Travel, ItalyVacations.com, Just for Laughs, the London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, Perillo Tours, Tourisme Québec, Tyler Hall, and Wendy Wu's China.
- Integral in bringing NBC's "The Today Show with Kathy Lee and Hoda" to Montréal for two 1-hour episodes which were aired on July 14 and July 15, 2011. The show was a landmark in DQMPR's publicity achievements for the client, Tourisme Québec.
- Pitched the editors at The New York Times a story on maple syrup and the sugar shacks in Québec, which resulted in a feature story, "Tapping the Flavors of a Québec Sugar Shack," February 8, 2009. The article was recognized by HSMAI with a Gold Adrian Award in 2011. Instrumental in creating an entire issue of Gourmet magazine on Montréal in 2006.
- Other TV media coverage for clients includes: ABC's Good Morning America, Bravo's Make Me A Supermodel, FOX5 Special Toni on! Quebec, CNBC Power Lunch, CNN Travel Segments, NY1 Travel with Val D'Elia, and Bloomberg TV, among others.
- Print and online publication coverage includes Travel and Leisure, The New York Times, Associated Press, USA Today, Budget Travel, and many others.
- 2011, 2010 and 2009 HSMAI Adrian Award Gold Winner in Public Relations.
- Three-time Recipient of the Aaron D Cushman SATW Award for Excellence in Public Relations, Best Overall Marketing Campaign for a Destination.
- 2009 Emmy Award Nominee for Best Educational Program, Toni On! Quebec, a special on FOX 5 which he co-produced.
Yves has been a participating member of the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW), having served in numerous positions in annual conventions including Planning-Chair for the 2009 Guadalajara Convention and Chair for the 2011 New Zealand Convention.
He is also a member of HSMAI, MPI, PRSA, and SKAL.
- The Team
- Case Studies
- Contact Us
- DQMPR Blog